Pearls Swiss Watches Wathes Gifts Straps and bracelets
Batteries Clocksmith's tools
OMEGA RADO LONGINES TISSOT HAMILTON GROVANA SWISS MILITARY by HANOWA MIDO VICTORINOX SWISS ARMY

HAMILTON

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com
Hamilton Watch Company was founded in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in 1892. The first watch was produced in 1893, designed by H.J. Cain, one of the company's founding members.

1893 Hamilton introduces a railroad watch that was dubbed "the watch of Railroad accuracy" - "The Broadway Limited". That watch was released to provide the country's railroads with reliable timing devices, the Hamilton railroad pocket watch was adopted as the official watch of the American Expeditionary Forces worldwide.

1910 Hamilton was named by the US Government as the official provider of watches to the US Army. Hamilton Khaki watch is born.

Commercial aviation takes off and in 1930 Hamilton becomes the official timepiece of the most famous industry leaders --- TWA, Eastern, United and Northwest.

1940 World War II breaks off and Hamilton stops production for consumers and starts producing watches exclusively for the army. Nearly a million Hamilton military watches are released.

Hamilton introduces the first electric watch in 1957. The Ventura becomes an instant success and becomes an icon of American style. Elvis presley wears Ventura in the movie „Blue Hawaii“.

What has been Hamilton's aim through the years has by now become the company's credo - „Precision timekeeping above and below sea-level!“.